Instagram

Wednesday 16 April 2014

31 Day Challenge : Day 16 : Tribal Print

I admit, I was quite worried about trying this one. It's a style I've been itching to try for a while, but I always seemed to put myself off. I'm not sure if it was the propsed mess, or the patterns, but it scared me off. Now I wonder what the hell I was worried about.

tribal-print-nails

Way back, before starting the challenge, I had browsed the internet for images as inspiration for the tribal print. My intention was to try aboriginal print, but decided just to go for this. All out of my head too.

I wonder now why I've never tried before, it wasn't messy at all, in fact, probably one of my cleaner jobs recently. I kept the pattern simpleand chose two bold colours and one neutral over a white base.

I even managed to snap some how to's. Just to remind myself how freaking easy it was.

 

 

 

1. A base coat of white - Rimmel's White Hot Love, seems to be my go to, at the moment. It dries quick!

2. Using a striper brush I applied one band of Barry M - Key Lime and one band of Rimmel - Brit Pop to each nail, followed by a thinner stripe of Rimmel - Grey Matters at the right edge of each band.

3. Using my striper, I lined the colours with acrylic black.

4. Again with the acrylic and striper, I painted on my patterns, keeping each colour the same on every nail. Also a dotting tool to stick some dots it.

It doesn't seem to matter what the pattern is, but keeping each nail the same is the key.

 

Yeah, I'm quite pleased! I think I'll be trying variations of this out in the future, maybe even get my original plan into action too.

Remember to check out what everyone else is doing for the challenge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment