Instagram

Monday 7 April 2014

31 Day Challenge : Day 7 : Black & White

On their own, black and white chevrons look amazing. I took inspiration from this and tried to change it up a bit.

For the first time ever, I used the Saran Wrap technique. I didn't take any step by step photos, as I wasn't sure it would turn out right, but I like it.

I applied the nail vinyl on top of the base colour, and did the wrap technique over the top. It was pretty fast, so there was no pulling of the polish from the sticky vinyls.

The ring finger has a feather effect topper on it, so I applied this first and let it dry, before applying 2 vinyls and thick black polish to create the black chevron. This was the quickest way to minimise thick layers and ruining the work.

Polishes used :

Rimmel - Grey Matters & White Hot Love

Barry M - Black & Liquorice

L'Oreal - Confettis

Models Own - White Light

Collection - BlackJack

 

Remember to check out the challenges from the other girls.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment